Between harsh, windy weather outside and central heat sucking the life out of your skin inside, winter weather can wreak havoc on your skin – but it doesn't have to. Your face just needs a little extra love + moisture to keep a healthy, natural luster until spring weather comes to the rescue.
MAKE IT HAPPEN – in 5 simple steps
1. Chill with the hot water. It's tempting to take long, hot showers on cold days. But hot water drains your hair and skin of moisture that it needs for protection, especially in colder months. Opt for cold or at least cooler showers to keep your skin and scalp healthy and boost your circulation to start the day. If you miss the heat, hit the sauna or steam room instead and sweat out the toxins. Research says going to the sauna 4-7 times a week can have long-term health benefits.
2. Up your moisturizing game. Avoid harsh ingredients that mess with your skin's natural protective barrier (i.e. anything with the word sulfate, salicylic acid, alcohol, synthetic fragrances, etc.). Go with something gentler like CLEANSE+, and follow it up with a face oil that's super hydrating. If you're feeling extra dry, try applying in the morning and before bed.
3. Oils are the final step. If you're using any other products on your face like a toner, be sure to apply the oil last. Oils are emollient, meaning they'll seal moisture and the good stuff in and everything else out.
4. Hydrate from the inside out. Be sure you're still drinking plenty of water and getting enough Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids in your diet.
5. Don't skip the SPF. Cold and gray doesn't mean there are no harmful UV rays - reflective snow and water can increase your risk of wrinkles and skin damage. Look for an SPF 15 or higher. (Pro tip: SUPER FACE OIL is naturally SPF 15 thanks to camellia oil.)
SUPER FACE OIL